About Piano Matchmaker
The Piano Matchmaker™ puts her name behind each selection, and her pristine reputation is unmatched. She pairs people with Steinway pianos, Yamaha pianos, among others, along with baby grand pianos, concert pianos, upright pianos and piano keyboards.
How the Client Benefits:
- Save precious time: Erica narrows it down to just a handful of pianos, making certain that the style, sound and touch of each piano reflects the specific needs of the client.
- Become educated: She will show you what makes a a great piano and why.
- Avoid costly mistakes: Select the perfect grand piano or upright piano the first time
- Rely on the expert: Erica will find the right match, and her piano divorce rate is 0%.
- Buy with confidence: Erica’s work is world renowned for quality, selection, service, value and integrity.
- Enjoy the process: See how magical the experience of buying a grand piano or upright piano can be!
—and 26 pianos!
Erica began playing the piano when she was 3 years old. Her childhood home in Old Bennington, VT houses the Sonatina program, where children from around the world come to study piano.
Here, Erica started teaching at the age of 9 and soon after was awarded a scholarship to the Juilliard School of Music, Pre-College Division.
At 11, Erica made her solo orchestral debut with the Vermont Symphony Orchestra, and subsequent solo engagements with the Albany Symphony Orchestra and the Nashua Symphony Orchestra, among others.
While continuing her concert career, Erica earned a BFA in Piano Performance from SUNY Purchase. During her sophomore year, Erica became Miss Vermont 1985 and moved on to the Miss America Scholarship Pageant. In Atlantic City, she won a talent award which enabled her to purchase her first Steinway piano. Following graduation from SUNY, Erica established a successful piano teaching practice in New York City and was later issued two patents on her teaching approach.
Finding the Right Note
Following her graduation with an MBA from CUNY Baruch in 1992, Erica joined Steinway Pianos. She became the top sales representative for Steinway Pianos worldwide for eight consecutive years.
Erica’s wish to match clients to piano of all makes inspired her to found her own company, “Piano Matchmaker™ LLC.” She is the single driving force behind Piano Matchmaker™ from its inception in 2005.